Sunday, May 19, 2013


CHARGING AROUND MONTGOMREY Co.Week 3 Day 9  April 16, 2013

I am so sorry that I don't have a picture of today's chariot.  Cheri Crow showed up in a shiny black Charger and if laughter was fuel we could have powered that baby all the way to the San Francisco Bay.  But we had other stops to make, starting with Upper Dublin.
This is where I found a little girl who looks exactly like Tess.  I try to be discrete about showing children's faces, so you'll have to take my word for it. 
This often happens.  I'll draw a character and later see the real person.  I have, on occasion, told someone that I have imagined them and drawn them in a picture book.  Their responses are not at all what I would expect. 
Is it a matter of finding what we are looking for or is it the universe conspiring?

Next stop, North Wales.   Thanks for a spring-y display in your library filled with light and books.


Regina and Cheri.
         Not only were there pre-schoolers present but Mr. Sylvester's very sophisticated class of 2nd graders peppered me with some original questions that really made me stop and think. Thanks Mr. Sylvester for  challenging your students who in turn challenged me! Your "Double Stuff Oreo" rubric set a delectable standard.





Whitemarsh Elementary ended their day with me, after which we headed toward Lower Providence Community Library for an evening.  Children's Librarian Sandrah Moles, with the help of teen volunteers created and staffed many games for the games for the kids to play while parents visited and books were signed.  

Little giants drive through town.  Map by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment